- Mareike Petersen (elected term: 2021-2022) - Museum für Naturkunde, Berlin, Germany
The purpose of the Outreach and Communications Functional Subcommittee is to promote TDWG activities and recruit members around the world, craft and share meaningful stories about TDWG standards and their application, and develop materials that can be used by all TDWG members.
The Functional Subcommittee responsibilities will focus on the effective outreach and communication of the TDWG vision and mission.
The charter of activities of the Functional Subcommittee on behalf of TDWG would be the following:
- Commission and solicit outreach and communication material on TDWG and its activities.
- Maintain a page on the TDWG site for all outreach and communication material under open access and CC0 licenses.
- Provide information and links to standards in use and standards in development for biodiversity information.
- Encourage Regional Representatives and members of TDWG to run programs to expose TDWG activities and report them to the Executive Committee.
The charter may be revised as and when necessary by the Functional Subcommittee and changes submitted for the approval of the Executive Committee of TDWG.
The chair shall be elected by the TDWG membership.
The Executive Committee Chair in consultation with the Functional Subcommittee Chair is responsible for appointing sub-committee members and a vice-chair.
The Functional Subcommittee should be between 5 and 7 members, ideally with representation from different regions and with different expertise, with specific orientation for outreach and communication of the activities of TDWG.
Meetings, documentation and reporting
The Functional Subcommittee reports to the TDWG Executive.
The Functional Subcommittee will formally convene at least twice each year. A quorum will be a majority of members of the Functional Subcommittee committee. Meetings will be conducted using internet technologies and members may participate on-line. Agenda for formal meetings will be prepared by the Chair and distributed to members at least 14 days in advance.
Agenda and minutes for all meetings and all requests, decisions and responses will be posted to an appropriate repository.